Trekking & Walking Holidays Atlantic Coast
We currently offer two trekking itineraries along the Atlantic Coast south of Essaouira/North of Agadir.
Approximate driving distance from Essaouira to the start point is 100km. Either itinerary may be completed in the opposite direction, i.e. starting in Essaouira.
Our guided treks along the Atlantic coast offer a relaxed program each day with plenty of time for swimming and enjoying the secluded sandy beaches unspoilt by tourism. We set up camp each night on the beach, and during the trek follow pathways through argan & olive groves and pretty stone villages, along rocky cliff tops, and next to the water’s edge. We should also have the opportunity to have lunch of freshly-caught grilled fish as we pass small ports and fishermen’s coves.
Our indicative trekking programs run for 4 or 6 days (maximum of 5 nights wild camping). We are unlikely to encounter many other people.
- Trekking time each day is approx. 4-5hrs with plenty of rest stops and a long lunch break in shade
- All tours are full board basis with overnight in 2-person bivouac tents
- Please allow a half day for travel to reach the coast from the start point and a half day to return back
- Our start/finish point is usually Marrakech – please specify alternative, being Essaouira or Agadir, at time of booking
- Tours run all year but please note that despite sea breezes, temperatures in the height of summer may reach 35 degrees C at the coast