Toubkal and 4167 m, is the culmination of North Africa. Its ascent is accessible to any good walker because it is essentially to make a hike in the mountains. It is also an opportunity to discover the heart of the Moroccan High Atlas, a Berber people who live beyond the reach of the modern world.
PROGRAM: Toubkal ascent trek and discover Berber culture of Morocco
DAY 01: MARRAKECH (450 M) – ASNI – VALLEY HAS MISAN – IMLIL (1750 M) – REFUGETOUBKAL (3200 M)
From your hotel early morning air-conditioned vehicle with Imli via Asni and the valleyof Ait Misan walnut, meeting with our team of muleteers in Imlil (portage on mules) and starting with the mules Aremd to 1905 m, the last village valley and 2H to the famous marabout of Sidi Chemharouch 2250m. Camp to Toubkal refuge. Dinner andovernight camping in tents.
Transport 1H, 5H walk.
DAY 02: REFUGE TOUBKAL – SUMMIT TOUBKAL (4167 M) – REFUGE TOUBKAL
Breakfast at 6 o’clock and departure for the summit of Toubkal. Arriving at the summit of Toubkal 4167m, nice view of the High Atlas mountains, the valleys of South and North. Then down to the shelter.
Dinner and overnight camping in tents.
DAY 03: REFUGE TOUBKAL – SIDI CHEMHAROUCH – AREMD – IMLIL – ASNI – MARRAKECH After breakfast, hike to the famous marabout of Sidi Chamharouch 2250m, a saintrevered for the spiritual care of diseases (King of Devils) access to marabout magicis allowed only for Muslims, just a rock painted white. Lunch in Imlil and transfer back to Marrakech.
Transport 1H, 4H walk.
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
– Transfer by car from Marrakech and the starting point of the trek and back.
– 02 nights camping in tents.
– Full board during the trek.
– Equipment of camping and cooking. .
– Mule 01 for two people (carrying luggage & foods).
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
– Transport on arrival and departure from Marrakech airport and the hotel.
– Nights at the hotel in Marrakech.
– Lunches and dinners in town or during transfers.
– Tickets monuments.
– Tips and personal expenses.
PRACTICAL INFORMATION FOR TREK
Practicable between: mid March and late October.
Depending on demand and are secured at the base of a participant.
Estimates are studied in more accurate, they vary according to the following criteria: (low or high season, the scheduled visits, transportation, length of stay, number of participants).
Marrakech heat in summer and made bearable by the altitude and the water flowing around the wadis. In October: cold, there may be snow.
The level of difficulty:
4 to 5 hours of easy walking. Trek desired for families with children.
Only the bag for the day.
There will be a mule for two to carry food and baggage of the group.
For a guide assisted by a French Moroccan cook and muleteers.
What to bring:
Limit the weight of your luggage, your travel bag must contain all of your business.Instead, take a soft travel bag with side openings or backpack without a frame, avoid rigid bags and suitcases.
– 01 sleeping bag (warm winter).
– 01 small backpack for the day.
– 01 pair of walking shoes light into the ankle (avoid new shoes).
– 01 pair of shoes and a pair of sandals.
– 01 loose trousers for walking.
– 01 sweater or fleece (October to March) and another to put lighter underneath.
– 01 mountain jacket.
– Change of clothes.
– 01 flashlight + spare battery.
– 01 flask (1.5 l).
– Sunglasses, hat and sunscreen.
– Toilet paper and a lighter.
– Toiletries and toilet wipes (woman).
– Small plastic bags.
– 01 small pharmacy and your regular medications.
– Camera …
It is customary to tip the team who accompanied you during your stay. Depending on the satisfaction that you withdraw from the team, it is reasonable to tip minimum of 15 € per hiker. This amount is collected in several envelopes that you to give to the guide, the cook and muleteers. It is generally customary to tip most important guide and the cook and then to the mule team.