The Atlantic Coast trek, Morocco follows the beach and dunes in a northerly direction for 5 days. We journey along the shore from Imessouane to Essaouira, sometimes heading inland to explore the sand dunes, buildings of historical interest, through the undergrowth of Thuya, Euphorbia and Argan trees. We will also visit pretty Moroccan fishing villages and follow the ancient caravan routes of the Portuguese.
PROGRAM: Discover Argan forests, fishing village & huge white sandy beaches
DAY 01: MARRAKECH OR AGADIR
Arrival in Marrakech or Agadir. Reception and transfer to hotel. Dinner and overnight at the hotel 3***.
DAY 02: MARRAKECH OR AGADIR – IMESSOUANE
Breakfast and transfer to Imessouane in the south of Essaouira, popular with famous spot surf and surfers, crossing an arid plain with Argan trees. At Imessouane, we find our team camel and load the luggage and walk to the fishing village Amderdizin, famous for its sunsets.
Camp, 3h30 walk.
DAY 03: AMDERDIZIN – TAFDNA
Through villages and crops to meet the Haha Berbers. Lunch, then walk, a beautiful section, above the beaches sometimes inaccessible stunning views of the sea near Camp Tafdna, a fishing village. Beach and swimming possible in the evening.
Camp, 5 hours hiking.
DAY 04: TAFDNA – SIDI AHMED ASSAIH
After passing through the village of Tafdna, we climb to a plateau covered with Argan trees, and behind us lies the immense range Tafdna. Then down to the ocean, before skirting the coast to camp at Sidi Ahmed Saih.
Camp, 5 hours walking.
DAY 05: SIDI AHMED ASSAIH – SIDI M’BAREK
Continuation of the trek we follow the coast from the cliff along ledges of limestone impressive. We meet many fishermen alone. At midday we arrive in the dunes of N’boud Assif, a small river leading to the sea, the scenery is exceptional. Camp near the beach, next to the waterfalls of Sidi M’Barek. End of the afternoon free to enjoy the sea.
Camp, 4 hours hiking.
DAY 06: SIDI M’BAREK – SIDI KAOUKI – ESSAOUIRA
We walk along the coast where the light is beautiful. Beautiful scenery of cliffs in the background and beaches dotted with dunes. At Sidi Kaouki, we leave Camel team to take local transport to get to Essaouira. 5h30 walk.
Discovery of the old Mogador, town white and blue (white houses with blue doors and windows). Fishing port founded by the Portuguese and then conquered by the French, now a World Heritage by UNESCO. It is a delight to wander around the medina, the streets, the fortress, the port.
Dinner and overnight at hotel 3 *** Essaouira.
DAY 07: ESSAOUIRA – MARRAKECH OR AGADIR
Breakfast and return to Marrakech or Agadir. Free afternoon to visit the city.
Dinner and overnight at hotel 3 ***.
DAY 08: MARRAKECH OR AGADIR – DEPARTURE
Breakfast and transfer to the airport.
End of our services.
THE PRICE INCLUDES:
– Transfer arrival and departure from the airport to hote Marrakech or Agadir.
– Transfer by car from Marrakech or Agadir and the starting point of the trek and back.
– 02 nights half board at the hotel in Marrakech 3 ***.
– 01 night half board at the hotel in Essaouira 3 ***.
– Full board in the trek.
– Nights in camp during the trek.
– Camel 01 for two people (carrying luggage & food)
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
– flight tickets.
– Lunch in town or in transfers.
– Tickets monuments.
– Tips and personal expenses.
PRACTICAL INFORMATION FOR THE TREK
Accessible all year round but the ideal period ranges from: April to mid September.
Depending on demand and are secured to the base 2 participants.
The price is studied at the fair, they vary according to the following criteria: (low or high season, the scheduled visits, transportation, length of stay, number of participants).
The ribs are generally unaffected by the heat being experienced within the country, the average minimum and maximum temperatures of between 9 ° and 26 °. The wind is everywhere on the course.
The level of difficulty:
Easy hikes, accessible to anyone normal physical condition (children over 5 years), able to walk 4-6 hours a day on uneven terrain.
Only for the day and the bag for the day.
It is expected a camel for two to carry food and luggage of the group.
By a Moroccan speaking guide, a graduate of the National School of Tabant, assisted by a cook and camel.
What to bring:
Limit the weight of your luggage, your travel bag must contain all of your business. Instead, take a soft travel bag with side openings or a backpack without a frame, avoid rigid bags and suitcases.
– 01 sleeping bag.
– 01 small backpack (30 l) for the day.
– 01 pair of walking shoes light into the ankle (sneakers).
– 01 pairs of shoes and a pair of sandals.
– 01 pair of plastic clappers.
– 01 baggy pants for walking.
– 01 bathing suit.
– 01 sweater or fleece (October to March) and another lighter to put underneath.
– 01 mountain jacket, anorak (October to March), or rain cape.
– 01 shorts for men.
– Change of clothes.
– A few pairs of socks for walking.
– 01 flashlight + spare battery.
– 01 bottle (1.5 l).
– Sunglasses, hat and sunscreen.
– Toilet paper and a lighter.
– Toiletries and toilet wipes (woman).
– Small plastic bags.
– 01 small personal pharmacy: it is advisable to bring an emergency kit and personal medications: elastoplasts, alcohol, iodine, sterile gauze, dressings for abrasions, second skin, aspirin or paracetamol, intestinal antiseptic, dressing gastric yeast capsules eye drops, small scissors, tweezers, or hydroclorazone micropur to purify water, sunscreen etc.
and your usual medication.
– Camera …
Naturally, tipping is an entirely personal matter and a little goes a long way in Morocco; however, we are always asked for a little guidance so here is what we would consider as fair, amounts refer to your guide, a smaller amount can be given to your team: 15 to 20€ per hiker.
Of course, you can offer more if you wish; tips are usually held and then passed over during a handshake to avoid any embarrassment or undue attention to the matter.